As you guys probably know by now, when I’m at home in Miami between trips, I love showing you some of the amazing foods that make my hometown a culinary hotspot. This time, I’m taking you to one of my favorite restaurants, Versailles, to show you how they make their unbelievable Cuban sandwich!
Cuban sandwiches contain a mix of ham, pork, cheese, butter, mustard, and pickles! Versailles is the best Cuban restaurant in Miami. There are three areas: a window where you can order your coffee, the main restaurant, and the bakery. Come with me to the bakery and see how they make their Cuban sandwich!
The first thing you must do at Versailles is grab a Cuban coffee. It’s the ultimate pick-me-up in the morning. You can get a regular café, a cortadito, or a café con leche.
To make a Cuban sandwich, the cooks at Versailles follow these steps:
1. Start with a loaf of Cuban bread and cut off the ends.
2. Cut the loaf in half, the long way.
3. Spread butter on the inside of the top half.
4. Have 1 pound of ham, 10 ounces of pork, and 10 ounces of Swiss cheese on the side.
5. Cut the ham to fit inside the bread and place it on the bottom piece of bread.
6. Make sure the ham is well-distributed so each sandwich will have the same amount.
7. Add the pork on top of the ham.
8. Cut the Swiss cheese the same way you cut the ham and spread it on top of the pork.
9. Place the top piece of bread on top of the cheese to complete the sandwich.
10. Cut the sandwich into 4 equal-sized pieces. This size loaf will make 4 regular Cuban sandwiches or 3 special Cuban sandwiches.
11. Open one of the sandwiches and place it face-down on the griddle so the cheese melts over the pork.
12. Butter the bread to add more flavor.
13. Press the sandwich on your griddle or in a panini maker for 6-7 minutes.
14. Add two slices of pickles and mustard on top of the ham.
15. The pork should now be hot and the cheese should be thoroughly melted. Close the sandwich.
16. Toast the sandwich for 3 more minutes.
17. Cut the sandwich at a 10-degree angle and serve the sandwich hot!
The Cuban sandwich is the most popular item at Versailles. It’s extremely buttery and the Swiss cheese melts throughout the whole thing. The mustard and pickles add different types of flavor and take the sandwich to a whole new level. The thick pieces of pork and ham are perfect and the sandwich is full of different textures.
You have to come to Versailles and try this sandwich when you come to Miami! It should be a crime not to!
I hope you enjoyed coming with me to Versailles to learn how to make a Cuban sandwich! If you did, please give this video a thumbs up and leave me a comment. Also, please subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss any of my upcoming travel/food adventures!
Where have you been?
+ INSTAGRAM ► https://instagram.com/davidsbeenhere
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/davidsbeenhere1
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/davidsbeenhere
+ MY BLOG! ► http://davidsbeenhere.com/
+BUSINESS EMAIL ► firstname.lastname@example.org
#CubanFood #CubanSandwich #VR #Davidsbeenhere
My name is David Hoffmann. For the last decade, I have been traveling around the world in search of unique culture, food, and history! Since starting David’s Been Here in 2008, I have traveled to over 1,100 destinations in 74 countries, which I welcome you to check out on my YouTube channel, travel blog, and social media sites.
I focus a great deal on food and historical sites, as you probably have seen! I love to experience the different flavors that each destination has to offer, from casual street food to gourmet restaurant dining. I’m also passionate about learning about the local history and culture.
P.S. Thank you for watching my videos and subscribing!